I work with individuals, couples, and groups who feel stuck and want to enhance their quality of life. I support people to understand how their situation, symptoms or behaviours are contributing to their intense feelings. With evidenced-based practices and a holistic world view, we will transform their life. Where we will fine-tune their ability to listen to their own instincts and trust their own judgment and back themselves in life.
As a specialist in behavioural science, clients will receive the most effective and practical approaches to addressing their needs. They will feel empowered and capable of making the changes that they want - to be able to create a more rich and meaningful life.
Finding the right counsellor or supervisor is instrumental in optimizing a person's wellbeing. Hands down - Roxane has the integrity and knowledge to elevate your life. She is dedicated to your wellness. Roxane walks the talk and is dynamic in how she weaves her scientific knowledge of human behaviour and eastern philosophies to make sense of the human experience. Roxane has all the qualifications under the sun but most importantly she actually cares about others on such a level that she has dedicated her life to it, nearly 20 years. So if you are feeling stuck and want to break free from what is holding you back Roxane has the ability to support you along the way.
Use my range of qualifications to cast new light on your situation.
Experience You Can Count On
When it comes to your health and emotional well-being, it’s important to have a knowledgeable professional you can turn to. Roxane has been dedicated to helping others rise up in the face of adversity through case management and therapeutic models of care across the Sunshine Coast since 2001. She has first hand experience of working with individuals and families who are affected by trauma, disability, addiction and mental health in the community and government environments. Most significantly Roxane knows what burn out looks like and is passionate about supporting other helping professionals to thrive in roles where their personal and professional values often conflict with parts of their role. So if you are ready to stop struggling in your life, you have come to the right place.
- Accredited Mental Health Social Work member number: 439737
- Professional Supervision, RISEUP Certificate of Attainment, ACA recognised training by Philip Armstrong 20th of October 2017.
- Master of Social Work (With Distinction) - QUT 2015
- Graduate Diploma Education - USC 2008
- Bachelor Behavioural Science (Psychology) - QUT 2001
- Bachelor Arts in Criminal Justice & Crime Prevention - QUT 2001
Advanced Trained ACT Therapist
- Advanced trained by Russ Harris with over 10 years of application with clients and training other professionals.
- “Sensorimotor Psychotherapy- 2 day Workshop” with Pat Ogden: 21/11/2019, Brisbane
- “Mindfulness Teacher Training Level 2” 4 day Intensive with NRG Tammy William: 15/11 - 18/11/2019
- “Working with Interpreters Effectively in the Health Setting” with Belinda Khong (Multicultural Mental Health coordinator). Facilitated by Children’s Health Queensland 27/09/2017, Brisbane Lady Cilento Hospital.
- “Working with Young People & Families from Culturally & Linguistically Diverse backgrounds” by Belinda Khong (Multicultural Mental Health coordinator). Facilitated by Children’s Health Queensland 27/09/2017, Brisbane Lady Cilento Hospital.
- Suicide Training Wesley Life force, 21/3/17.
- “Supporting People living with Borderline Personality disorder MHPN” on 3/11/16 Panellist: Prof. Andrew Chanen (Psychiatrist), Janina Tomasoni (Psychologist), Ellen Sinclaire (Mental Health Nurse), Dr. Christopher Wurm (General Practitioner) Facilitator: A/Prof. Rachel Rossiter.
- Mindfulness Meditation & Yoga Retreat with NRG Tammy Williams: 26/3/15 – 29/03/15
- Cracks in the Ice ‘essential skills for working with families of people who use methamphetamine’, presented by Paula Ross June 9th 2016.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Training, 2-Day Workshop with Dr. Jennifer Fitzgerald, October 2013.
- From Theory to Reality: Understanding Attachment with Empathy, Engagement & Intervention, Presenter Lauren Porter, 30-31 March 2009.
- From Strength to strength: A framework for Strengths based practice, Presenters; Libby Magnus & Janelle Middleton, 26-27 May 2009.
- Overcoming; language barriers, Presented: Skills Development Network, 28 May 2009.
- Best Practice in Leading for Change, Presenters Skills development network, 25 March 2009.
- “Who you, Which Way” Cultural communication Training presenters: Standby for Life, 31 March 2010.
- Responding to critical Incidence Workshop, Standby for Life, 28 January 2011.